If your administrator account has rights to the 'Privacy & Security' menu, it is possible to delete the personal data.
Log data is automatically removed from your software environment. Log data are all actions within the system. You can see who entered the building at what location or at what time someone clocked in for the time registration. If the administrator within your software environment has set the retention period for log data to 3 months, the log data will be automatically deleted after 3 months. No manual action is required for this.
Remove Inactive Users, Templates & Cards
A manual action is required to remove inactive users, templates and cards.
- If the retention period for inactive users is set to one month, users who have been in the software for at least a month and who have not used the system for a month will be marked for deletion.
- If the retention period for inactive cards is set to a month, cards that have not been used for a month are automatically marked for deletion.
- If the retention period for inactive templates is set to a month, finger templates and face templates that have not been used for a month are automatically marked for deletion.
If one or more users are eligible for deletion and your account has rights to the 'Privacy & Security' menu, you will see the following pop-up after logging into the software.
Click on 'check & delete' to navigate directly to the 'privacy & security' menu. Depending on the administrator rights under your account, you will see multiple settings. In this menu it is also possible to adjust password settings and 2FA settings. For more information about these settings, please refer to the full article on the 'Privacy & Security' menu.
The following screen is visible:
Next to the options inactive users, inactive templates or inactive cards, click the 'show list' button. You will now see all data marked for deletion.
First, highlight anyone who should not be removed from the application, then click the Remove button at the bottom. The data is now removed from the system.
Synchronize with the Scanners
Please take note that all data that has been removed from the software remains in the scanners memory. We recommend that you synchronize this data directly with the connected scanners to ensure that no inactive users, templates or cards are stored in the scanners themselves. Click on the 'select a scanner' button
The following screen is visible
- Select the desired location at the top of the screen.
- All scanners are marked 'YES' by default. If a scanner is temporarily offline or no longer in use, you can mark the scanner as 'NO'.
- Then click 'delete' to delete the data from the scanners.
- Wait for the message 'successfully synchronized' to appear..
If you have any questions about the deletion of expired data or the menu privacy and security feel free to contact us.
Our support department can be reached at email@example.com or +31 (0) 85 015 0000 .