1. The authentication for the SQL Server must be done as SQL Server Authentication. Windows Authentication is not supported. Login ID and PW in required in the later instruction. If you don’t know how to create a SQL server authentication login ID, please refer to How to create a SQL server authentication login ID document.
2. Run the SQL Server Configuration Manager. On the left pane, click SQL Server Services and check the state of the SQL Server Browser. It has to be Running.
3. The authentication for the SQL Server must be done as SQL Server Authentication. Windows Authentication is not supported. Login ID and PW in required in the later SQL Server Network Configuration. Then, click the Protocols for SQLEXPRESS and check if the TCP/IP is Enabled.
If you have changed any of the settings above you will have to restart the SQL Server.
1. Run Services from your Windows Control Panel. (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services)
2. Search for BioStar 2 Launcher Service.
3. Right-click BioStar 2 Launcher Service and click Stop. Then the Status now would become blank.
4. Go to config folder in the migration tool path. Open logConfig.mssql.
5. Copy the content and paste it in logConfig file.
6. In logConfig file, fill the log starting/snding month, user, password, server, port, database information of your BioStar 1.x DB system and save it.
7. Go to BioStar2 installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\BioStar 2) and go to db folder.
8. Copy the biostar2.db file and paste it in the db folder in the migration tool folder.
9. Go back to B2DM folder. Shift+Right-click then click Open command window here.
10. Type run_log.bat and enter.
11. You will see migration logs.