Although there are various ways of adding new users to your system, the below three methods are most frequently used.
First is to add new users to the BioStar 2 server directly and transfer the data to the devices. Second is to add new users through BioStar 2 mobile app directly to the server and transfer to the devices. Last is to add users from the device and pull them to the server, and transfer to the other devices.
Here, the second method is covered and explained in detail.
Add new users through BioStar 2 client
1. Go to USER tap and click ADD USER button.
2. Fill out the mandatory fields and additional fields in the information section. The mandatory fields are Name and ID. And if you want to allow the user to use a mobile app, the user should be set to have one of BioStar Operator levels and its Login ID and Password.
3. Choose credentials you want to assign. For the PIN, it's required to input four digits or higher numbers, and Auth Mode indicates whether you use private authentication mode for this user. And when you enroll fingerprints, make sure to start with the high quality score(80 is recommended).This is because poor fingerprint quality can affect matching performance.
Fingerprint enrollment steps:
Set the quality score to 80 or higher
Click '+Add' button and select the fingerprint number, such as 1st and 2nd
Click Scan button and put your fingerprint on the sensor
Follow the direction and click 'Enroll' button after checking the enrolled fingerprint status
10 different fingerprints for one user can be enrolled.
Duress fingerprint can be used to active different relay through trigger and action setting.
4. Enroll new cards by clicking '+Card' button. Eight number of cards can be enrolled for one user.
Three different registration methods are supported:
Register a card by reading the card to the device
Assign a card from the previously registered cards
Enter card number manually and assign it to the user
5. Check overall data and make sure to click 'Apply' to register to the server DB.
6. If the server is set to use automatic user synchronization, the device will receive the new user data immediately and be able to let the user use the device without additional user transfer to the device.
After adding a new user in your IdentySoft environment you will arrive in the following screen: To enroll a new finger you have to click the tab 'Finger Templates' on the right side of the screen. The following window will become visible: Please ...
Custom user fields can be used if you need additional fields for user information other than the ones that are already available. 1. Click on Setting > SERVER. 2. In the User/Device Management tab, click + Add on the Custom User Field. There are 3 ...
What is a Blacklist? A list of cards that are denied for authentication on the BioStar device. When a card is lost or stolen, misuse can be prevented by registering the ID of the card in the blacklist. Why would you want to delete a blacklisted CSN ...
From BioStar v2.7.7, BioStar2 supports Visitor Management. (Link : BioStar v2.7.7 new Features) (Required License - Visitor License of BioStar2) Visitor Management of BioStar2 SW allows to register Visitor Information by an Operator or a Visitor. ...
How to enroll a fingerprint In order to improve the fingerprint authentication rate, register the fingerprint correctly. If you register the fingerprint with attention to the following matters, the authentication rate can be improved. Selecting a ...