The alert feature is used to notify the BioStar administrator when specific device/door/zone/authentication event occurs. The Alert history can be accessed through the Alert History menu or the alert count on the bottom right corner of the BioStar web client.
There are 3 ways the alert function will alert the event to the administrator.
1. The specified event will be colored red (color is not customizable) on the real-time log.
2. A popup message (message is customizable) will appear which the administrator can acknowledge or ignore.
3. A sound will be played at the occurrence of the event.
1. Click on Setting > ALERT.
2. Click on the checkbox for the events you want alerts for and click Apply.
3. Now the checked event will appear red on the Real-time log when the event occurs.
1. Click Settings > ALERT to enter the Alert menu.
2. Click on the document icon.
3. Enter your message and click Apply to save the settings.
1. Click Settings > PREFERENCE.
2. Click + Add button in the Sound tab.
3. Browse your PC and add a sound file.
4. Click Add and then click Apply.
5. Click Settings > ALERT.
6. Click on the document icon of a desired event.
7. On the Sound Name drop box select the sound you uploaded on the preference menu.
8. Select your play option.