BioStar 1 - How to set up an anti passback zone
Anti-passback is a security mechanism that prevents a person from passing back her access card to the next person. It is designed to prevent the next person from verifying herself with another person's access card. When using BioStar, you can set up an Anti-passback zone, which requires users who've already entered an area to leave the zone first before entering the area again. For instance, if the zone consists of two devices (let's call them Device A and Device B here), the user who's been already verified on Device A must verify herself on Device B before verifying herself on Device A again.
You can set up an anti-passback zone by performing the following steps:
1. On the Doors page, click Add New Zone.
2. Enter a name for the Anti-passback zone and choose Anti-passback Zone from the Type drop-down list.
3. Configure the settings of the Anti-passback zone and add devices to the zone by clicking Add Device.
- Soft: A user who has broken the Anti-passback rule can enter the area without the administrator explicitly releasing the alarm.
- Hard: A user who has broken the Anti-passback rule can't enter the area without the administrator explicitly releasing the alarm.
In case of Disconnected
- Door Open: Doors in the zone will get opened when the communication between the master and member devices is disconnected.
- Door Close: Doors in the zone will get closed when the communication between the master and member devices is disconnected.
4. Choose the devices you want to add to the zone as In Device and click the right arrow button. Perform the same for Out Device.
5. Click Apply to transfer the settings to the devices.
BioStar 2 - How to set up an anti passback zone
This document will guide you how to configure Local Anti-Passback zone which is provided without license. RS-485 Mode Local zone means RS-485 based, master device is zone master. Please refer to the below link for RS-485 configuration. RS485 Mode ...
BioStar 2 - Hoe stel ik een anti passback zone in
Controleer uw BioStar SE licentie voordat u dit artikel leest. De BioStar 2 SE (Standard Edition) licentie moet geactiveerd zijn om de anti passback zone in te kunnen stellen. Zodra de licentie is geactiveerd dan is het tabblad 'zone' beschikbaar in ...
BioStar 2 - How to set up a fire alarm zone
To use zone feature, you should activate BioStar2 AC license first. And then, you can use Biostar 2 zone. The concept of Biostar2 fire alarm zone is similar with BioStar version1 like below. Electrical specification If the electrical output of Fire ...
BioStar 1 - How to set up a fire alarm zone
All the devices that are in a fire alarm zone will automatically open their doors when the fire alarm sets off. The alarm is detected through an input port set in the configuration of the zone. You can set up a fire alarm zone by performing the ...
BioStar 1 - How to set up an alarm zone
BioStar allows you to set up an alarm zone where you can determine how doors in the zone behave when someone breaks into the zone. You can set up a fire alarm zone by performing the following steps: 1. On the Doors page, click Add New Zone. 2. ...